Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Esther Elizabeth

Okay, I know it has been a long time since I've posted. To be fair I have been a little busy. . . three little ones now in tow.

I love all my children, but I have never been so in love with one this early as I have been with baby Esther. With Ezekiel we were brand new parents; he was brand new and having issues figuring out how to nurse. I'd ended up with a c-section after a failed inducement and laboring and then had a terrible recovery. We probably spent too many sleepless nights with a new baby we weren't sure we knew how to take care of. (Shouldn't they have sent someone home from the hospital with us?!)

With Evelyn we weren't brand new parents, obviously, but we did have different body parts to try to clean. And again we had one that didn't quite know how to nurse. And again I ended up with a c-section after laboring over 20 hrs. (Better recovery for momma this time)

Then we come to Esther who we planned the c-section (no unnecessary laboring - yay!). She is a champion nurser – yay! She is already on a four hour schedule and seems to have a sweet spirit. I’ve also had my best recovery yet. These are answers to prayers – Praise God!

So I think it is a combination of things . . . no exhaustion from being up overnight laboring (for no good reason), not worrying about how to get the baby to eat, and to get the nurses to understand that supplementing doesn’t help the milk supply. God just allowed us to enjoy Esther in the hospital. He also poured His love on us by the love of our friends and family who showed up before and after to pray, bring food and/or meet our newest member.

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for a post from you, girlie!! I love reading about you, Jason, and my nephew and now nieces. This is such a cute post and so, so true!! I am glad you are able to enjoy Esther while she is still so little...cause you know...she is not going to stay this way long...eat her up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how God knows just what we need and when we need it. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete